Dental veneers are a marvel of modern cosmetic dentistry. These thin shells of lustrous porcelain are precisely formed and shaded to enhance the color, shape, spacing, and enamel finish of teeth that show readily.
Veneers are a terrific investment in your appearance, but there is a wide variation in cost. Nationally, the cost averages about $925 to $2,500 per tooth, but can fluctuate based on:
• Whether restorative dental care is needed prior to application of veneers.
• Proficiency of the dentist designing and placing the veneers.
• Technical skill and artistry of the lab ceramist who fabricates the veneers.
• Quality of materials used.
• Geographic area where treatment is performed.
• The number of teeth being veneered.
When you invest in premier dental care for your smile transformation, you should be getting:
• A thorough preliminary examination, including diagnosis and treatment of existing oral problems. An ethical dentist will not place veneers until tooth decay, cavities, and other issues are resolved.
• State of the art technology to aid in the meticulous design and craftsmanship, and to allow you to preview your new smile.
• A customized treatment plan. You are unique – so are your teeth, smile, face, and lifestyle. Your smile makeover should be individualized to meet your goals.
• The option of sedation. Planning and placement of veneers is typically well-tolerated and may not even require anesthetic. However, if you have sensitive teeth, suffer dental anxiety, or can’t sit comfortably for the duration of an appointment, sedation can help.
• Craftsmanship. The dentist should work with a professional dental laboratory and skilled, experienced technicians who use top quality materials to create your veneers.
• Interim veneers. Many patients don’t require temporaries while their veneers are being created at the lab. But if your teeth are especially sensitive or you aren’t comfortable with the appearance, you should have the option of resin veneers.
• Fine-tuning. Even with careful planning, the dentist should take plenty of time to fit each veneer, make minute adjustments, and polish your smile to perfection.
• Aftercare instructions. A few home hygiene and lifestyle tips help to keep your veneers looking great and lasting 10 to 15 years or longer.
Dr. Edward Fritz
and his team at New Health Dental
believe that all patients in the Mesa area deserve smiles they love. They offer payment plans and financing options to make the cost of porcelain veneers and other cosmetic procedures manageable.